1. Excessive mineral deposits on the cooling water side of ammonia reactor effluent gas cooler.
2. Ice and fouling in a condenser tube.
3. Shell-side bacteria growth in cooling water heat exchanger
4. Fin Cooler tubes severly corroded
5. Deposits build-up on the inside of a heat exchanger tube
6. Plugged exchanger tube
7. Scaling on the inside diameter of a cooler tube
8. Deep Pitting in Exchanger Tubes
9. Cluster Pitting from Sour Glycol
10. Shell-side Pitting
11. Cooler Tube Rupture
12. Tube Failure Due to Thinning
13. Shell-side ruptured tube
14. Wall thinning led to this catastrophic failure of an exchanger tube
Image Source: Maverick Inspection
Book on Heat Exchanger Fouling: Heat Exchanger Fouling: Mitigation and Cleaning Techniques